Trimble SPS985 & SPS986 Integration
This section covers how to connect the following Trimble devices to PointMan (Android only at this time. iOS coming soon)
- SPS985 (base or rover)
- SPS986 (base or rover)
- SPS855 (Base only)
NOTE: No data collector is required, however can be used if desired. Trimble will function with your tablet.
Install Trimble Tools
1. Open the Google Play Store
2. Download Trimble Mobile Manager and either sign in or create an account
3. Download Trimble Catalyst Service. This will run in the background and needs no interaction by the user.
Pair your Trimble GPS
1. Once logged in, tap the menu button on the top left corner
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Configure Bluetooth
4. Pair to your Trimble GPS
Selecting your Trimble GPS
1. In PointMan settings, tap the GPS dropdown in the Devices section
2. PointMan will open the Trimble Mobile Manager app on your device, sign in and then return to PointMan settings. You will see a popup that says "Successfully loaded Trimble ID".
3. Tap the dropdown again, and select Trimble SPS
4. Tap the dropdown box next to the Trimble R-Series dropdown and select your Trimble receiver
5. At this point, you can login to a VRS/RTN via the Diff button in PointMan settings. Enter your login credentials to save the information
6. Tap Close to return to the map screen