Tag Pipe Tally Report
From ProStar Geocorp
Revision as of 08:32, 20 September 2018 by WJessop
There are these three scenarios for use with the RFID reader process:
- Manual entry of the Pipe Information into the PointMan Tag Pipe Tally Report system from the information on each pipe joint. This information will then be written to the RFID tag affixed to that joint.
- The pipe is barcoded, and the barcode is used as the key to pull information into the Tag Pipe Tally Report from the database and this information will then be written to the RFID tag affixed to that joint.
- The pipe is not barcoded, the pipe supplier has provided the Pipe Information electronically and this information is in the database. The joint number is used as the key to pull information into the Tag Pipe Tally Report from the database and this information will then be written to the RFID tag affixed to that joint.
- Pipe Tally Report must be created and saved before you can create a Stringing Report, or any of the other related Inspections reports and processes.
- The Pipe Information must be pre-loaded into the system. This information is most likely provided as an excel file. PROCESS = TBD
- See the PointMan EchoRFID BlueTooth Functions help topic for details on set up and preparation.
Creating Tag Pipe Tally Reports
- Launch and log into PointMan.
The PointMan app launches, and the user can log in and can see the map view.
- Tap the Menu button.
The menu items display.
- Tap Search Reports.
The Search page displays and allows user to select the report type and other search parameters.
- From the first Search drop-down list, select: Tag Pipe Tally Report.
- Enter the appropriate parameters (Project and Barcode) to locate the applicable record.
To search for a specific record on a specific Project: select Project as one of the parameter drop-down options.
- In the field to the right of the Project drop-down, select the applicable Project from the list.
To search for a specific Barcode record: select Barcode as one of the parameter drop-down options.
- Then, scan the Barcode.
The record related to that Barcode will automatically display in the results grid, then will automatically open and become available for edit and completion (to be reviewed and written to the Tag).
- If there are multiple records with the same barcode, a list of existing records reports displays in the Results grid.
- From the Results grid, select the correct existing item to edit, then tap Edit.
- On the Edit page, read an RFID tag:
a. Point the reader antenna at the Tag, roughly 12 inches away.
b. Pull trigger once.
- The Found Tag – Continue? dialog displays.
Press trigger to write record to the following Tag: XXXX
- This dialog displays any previously stored data on the read tag.
- New tags will generally just display the tag id.
a. Point the reader antenna at the tag and pull the trigger again (with the Found-Tag Continue? dialog is displayed). This will write the record contents to the tag.
b. Contents of the write can be verified by reading the tag a third time to display the write dialog again.
- Tap the Save button to save the record and update the new RFID tag id in the database.