From ProStar Geocorp
Revision as of 08:26, 20 September 2018 by WJessop
This section covers digital sketches in PointMan. Sketches are designed to replace paper sketches. Use the Sketch functionality to document a site condition by capturing a screen shot and marking it up to show details and comments.
- On the main map display, use the pan and zoom functions to produce the desired view on the screen. Note: Ensure that you have all of the layers displayed that you wish to appear in the sketch. The layers are accessible in the Menu icon (upper left screen), and then the Layers selection.
- Tap the New button (upper right corner).
The New Place Mark dialogue box opens.
- From the Component menu, select: Sketch.
- From the System menu, select: Map Image.
- Tap OK. An image appears on screen that is a screen shot of the map you were viewing.
The markup tool bar appears in the upper left of the screen.
Note: if you have the setting, "Show As-Built settings on move" selected on the Settings page, you will be prompted for the following As-Built information after you select the System and Component options: Method As-Built or As-Found), Quality Level, and Antenna. For procedures, see the As-Built Information topic.
- From the Mark Up tool bar, select the tools that you wish to use to markup or edit the sketch. For detailed instruction on the Mark Up Tools, see the Mark Up Tools topic.
- Review the sketch and tap OK.
- Tap Close.
The system saves the sketch and displays a point on the map, with the menu bar at the bottom of the screen.
- To complete the process and return to the main map view, Tap Close.
- To access Folder, tap Folder. The Folder dialog displays with the Sketch as a point in the list.
- To move the point to which the Photo is related, tap Move.
- Tap Move.
- Tap GPS to move it to your current location.
- Or, tap on the map to move it to a specific point on the map.
- Tap Save.
- To see Details of the sketch and access the file details, tap Details. The sketch details dialog displays the following file details information: Type, File, Comment, User, created, Device, Lat/Log coordinates.
- Tap Edit to edit the Type and add a Comment.
- Then Tap OK so save, or cancel to exit without saving.