PointMan Tools Overview
From ProStar Geocorp
Revision as of 15:40, 11 September 2018 by WJessop (Created page with " = '''Overview''' = <article id="top"> '''The PointMan toolset includes three (3) tools:''' #'''PointMan New Point Mode:''' <br/> http://prostarcorp.com/help/tiki-downlo...")
<article id="top"> The PointMan toolset includes three (3) tools:
- PointMan New Point Mode:
- Allows users to create points, lines, polygons, eForms, photos, sketches, and upload documents.
- Drop Tools:
- Opens the Selection panel
- Opens the Drop Tools panel, which allows for relating features in a parent-child relationship
- View Pedigree Information:
- Allows users to view high-precision location information if the feature was created using the GPS tools (using a connected GPS unit, or using the Location services inherent in the tablet).
PointMan Selection Mode Selection Panel
- With Selection Mode activated, clicking a single feature on the map displays the Selection panel.
- The top most feature will be selected, and then other features under it within a 10 pixel margin will also be listed.
- The title and the date created/published display.
- Selecting features in the panel allows the user to toggle between items selected on the map, including features exactly on top of one another.
- Clicking the feature title in the Selection panel, then clicking Details opens the Info dialog box for that specific feature:
- Clicking the #pointman_tools_-_overview_htm_fo_5413Drop Tools button on the Selection panel opens the Drop Tools panel and allows the user to relate separate features from the map into one folder.
- Users can close the Selection panel by clicking on the map, clicking Close, or by clicking the X button.
- To open the Drop Tools panel, first open the Selection panel, select a single feature in the Selection panel, then click the Drop Tools button.
- The selected feature displays in the context of its folder either as a parent or a child (the first item in a Folder will always be the Parent).
- To open the Info dialog box for a feature, click the Details button.
- To add an item on the map into a specific folder, hover your mouse pointer over the feature to display a drag label. Click and drag that label and drop the label into the 'Drop'Tools panel.
- Dragging that label to the Drop Tools panel adds that feature as a child to the open folder.
- You can drag multiple features into a Folder as children to the parent item.
- To remove a feature from a Folder, click the feature in the list, then click the Undrop button.
Add New Features Mode
- Using the Create New Feature tool allows users to place points, lines, polygons, eForms, photos, sketches, and upload documents on the map.
- When users create a new feature, any layers that have been configured for "Auto-Drop" will be checked for possible parent feature.
Currently, these layers are:
- One Call Tickets
- Enbridge PAP Parcels
- Enbridge Land Tracts
- If no parent features exist, the new feature is created and saved.
- If one parent is found, the new feature is automatically assigned as the parent folder for the new feature.
- If more than one possible parent feature is found, the auto drop folder dialog displays. This allows users to select which parent the new feature should belong to.
- If the new feature is an eForm, the pre-data is checked for matches against the parent list. If a match is found, the new eForm is automatically used without showing the drop folder dialog.
- Selecting Cancel will create the feature and set the parent to itself.
View Pedigree Information
The View Pedigree Information tool allows you to select a feature on the map and view the GPS information related to a specific point for that feature.
- Click the Activate PointMan icon in the main tool bar.
- On the map, enable (turn on) the Field Data Collection layers (points, lines, polygons, etc..), or the applicable layers you wish to view (for example: Daily Weld Log).
- Turn on the View Pedigree Information tool by clicking the icon in the upper left corner of the map.
- Click the specific point, line, or polygon on the map.
- The Pedigree dialog displays all available GPS and location information for the first point within that feature (for points, lines and polygons).
- Clicking the Next or Previous buttons (upper right corner of the Pedigree dialog box) within the dialog box moves the focus to each point along the feature.
For each point along the feature, the Pedigree dialog box displays the specific location details for that point.
Scroll down the Pedigree dialog box to view all information.
- Click the Close button to close the Pedigree dialog box.