From ProStar Geocorp
Revision as of 08:25, 20 September 2018 by WJessop
Users can take digital photos in PointMan and store them as point features on the PointMan map display or embed them into PDF eForms. Note: Each system has a photo component for tracking purposes
- On the main map display, tap the New button (upper right corner).
The New Place Markdialog displays.
- From the System drop-down, select a System that the photo will be identified with.
Options for Photo include: Electrical, Gas, Oil, Telecom, Photo, Sketch, Water, Sanitary Sewer, Drainage, Temp Survey, Irrigation, Excavation Site, Area of Concern.
- From the Component drop-down, select Photo. Regardless of the System selected, you must select Photo from the Component drop-down. If you selected Photo in the System drop-down, you need to select Image as the Component.
- Tap OK.
Note: if you have the setting, "Show As-Built settings on move" selected on the Settings page, you will be prompted for the following As-Built information after you select the System and Component options: Method As-Built or As-Found), Quality Level, and Antenna. For procedures, see the As-Built Information topic.
- For a brief moment, the Photo Image dialog displays, and then disappears. Once it disappears, the tablet is ready to take a photograph.
- (Optional) Select Compass at the bottom of the tablet screen.
Note: On certain devices, due to the internal compass, the compass appears, but will not function
- (Optional) Select GPS at the bottom of the tablet screen.
- Orient the tablet to take the photo of the selected item or area (suggest Landscape orientation).
- Tap the Photo button (bottom right of tablet screen).
- The photo is now available for marking up. See Mark Up Tools (link) for details on making up the photo with lines and comments.
- To continue saving the image, tap Close (upper right corner). The system saves the photo and displays a point on the map, with a menu bar at the bottom of the screen.
- To complete the process and return to the main map view, tap Close.
- To access Folder, tap Folder. The Folder dialog displays with the Photo as a point in the list.
- To move the point to which the Photo is related, tap Move.
- Tap Move.
- Tap GPS to move it to your current location.
- Or, tap on the map to move it to a specific point on the map.
- Tap Save.
- To see Details of the photo and access the photo file details, tap Details. The photo details dialog displays the following file information: Type, File, Comment, User, created, Device, Lat/Log coords.
- Tap Edit to edit the Type and add a Comment.