Patrols Searching For Patrols Missing Sections Observations
From ProStar Geocorp
Revision as of 08:55, 14 September 2018 by WJessop
The TransparentEarth application allows you to search for all aspects of a Patrol Report: the report itself, Observations, Missing Sections, and Observation Confirmation Logs.
Once you have located the applicable record, you can:
- Double-click the record to open the record OR to see that item on the Map (Missing Sections and Observations only).
- Click the record and click the Edit button to open the record for adding.
- From there you can add a new item or edit an existing item.
Performing Searching for Patrols, Observations, Missing Sections and Observation Confirmation Logs
- Launch TransparentEarth by opening a Chrome web browser and entering your TransparentEarth URL.
- Log into TransparentEarth by entering your User ID and Password, and click Sign In.
- In the left side dashboard, click Patrols to expand the Patrols module items
- Click the desired item:
- Patrol Report
- Reported Observations
- Confirmation Logs (Observations only)
- Missing Sections
- ROW Patrol Segment
- Patrol Observation Responsibility Area
- Scroll to the bottom of the left side dashboard, and you will find the Search TransparentEarth dashboard, with the single parameter that you have already selected (Patrol Reports).
- To perform a search on all Patrol Reports, click Search.
The results grid displays below, allowing users to select a record, then open that record
- To change the parameters of your search, scroll back up to the Search TransparentEarth dashboard.
- You can change the report type by selecting the second drop-down arrow, and select any one of the Patrol options
- Click Search, and the results grid will display all items for that report type.
- You can further refine your search by selecting a field in which to search, and entering a specific value to search for.
- In the first drop-down, select Patrols.
- In the second drop-down, select Missing Sections.
- In the third drop-down, select one of the specific fields available in the list.
- In the fourth field, enter the text or values you want to search for.
- Click Search.
The search results grid will display all records that meet those parameters.
- From the list of returned records (search results), you can do all of the following:
- Double-click a line item and it will display on the map, highlighted (incomplete Missing Sections and open Observations only).
- Or, double-click a line item and the Edit dialog box will display, ready for edit, completion or deletion.
- In addition, you can click the line item, then click the Edit button to open the same dialog box.
- Use the general Drill Down Filter function to filter down to a meaningful record set or specific result: Type in part of a value and the list of records will automatically filter towards any record that has all or part of your entry in it.
- Click the Export Visible Fields button to export the visible records with the visible set of columns into a CSV file.
- Click the Export All Fields button to export the visible records with all possible columns into a CSV file.
- Modify Records Per Page by selecting different values from the records per page drop-down list. You will see the following options: 10, 25, 50, 100, All. Selecting one of these items should display that many records.
- Click the column title of any column to sort the contents of that column, first by A-Z, then by Z-A. (Ascending-to-Descending, then Descending-to-Ascending).