Juniper Geode GPS Integration
This section covers setting up Geode with PointMan for Android.
1. Download and install Geode Connect from the App store ( use it to pair with the Geode)
2. Inside the Geode Connect App: Tap on the Three line in the upper Right and select "Preferences"
3. Inside the Geode Connect App: Check the box next to "Enable Mock Location Provider".
4. Android Device: Settings>Developer options>Tap on "Select mock location app" Select Geode Connect. ( sometimes requires that Geode connect is running in the background)
5. Android Device: Settings>Locations>Mode>"Device only" ( Make sure it is checked)
6. Leave Geode connect on in the back ground.
Two ways to test (Both require that you are outside to test).
Make sure the Geode is on and had time to build its initial Almanac ( Generally 15-20 mins the very very first time it is turn on outside).
The Two person requirement. Bring up Google maps, once you see your location, have someone hold the Android device stationary, and the other person walk away from the device holding the Geode. The person holding the Android device should see the location move across the screen while they are standing stationary. ( this means that the device is using the Geode for its location)
One person test. I use “GPS Fields Area Measure” app for this test. Download it from the App store. In the “GPS Fields Area Measure” app tap on the compass icon in the upper right hand corner to go to your location. Next tap on the plus button in the lower left corner of the app. Now select "Area" > "GPS Measuring" > Start measuring. Now set the Android device down in a stationary position, and walk away from it with the Geode in your hand, I walk in a big wide circle. Walk back to your device and tap "Stop measuring". If all goes right you should see a circle on the map where you just walked. Let me know if this helps, or if something is unclear.
You may have to go into Geode connect and turn some of the NMEA strings on to get your app working. Or you may want to reset the Geode back to factory settings to see if that would help.