This topic outlines the procedure to download the PointMan application onto a mobile
ProStar recommends Android 5.1.1 as older versions are no longer supported by Google and
may present security vulnerabilities.
Internet connectivity (on the mobile Android device).
ProStar' recommends a connection of at least 400kbps for optimum performance.
- On your mobile device, launch a browser application (ie: Chrome).
- Navigate to the ProStar/PointMan Download website at: http://mobile.prostarcorp.com/pointmandownload.htm
- Tap the Download button to start the download on your tablet.
NOTE: downloading the application onto your laptop or desktop will not work. This application is designed specifically for your Android phone or tablet.
- Review the License Agreement, then tap OK. The download will automatically start.
- Close the License Agreement dialog by clicking the X button in the upper right corner.
- On your device, navigate to the downloaded file.
Depending on the type of Android device, your downloaded file may be accessible through different methods:
- On some devices, you will see a down-arrow icon in the upper left corner of your tablet screen.
- On other devices, you will need to navigate to the Download file, and locate the PointMan application/icon.
- Tap the downloaded file. Review the PointMan Privacy statement.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Install.
Once the install is complete, you will have the option to close the message window, or directly open the application.
- Tap Open.
The Add User Type message displays.
- Tap Create new local user for stand alone use.
- Tap OK.
- Enter a User Name
Note: a tablet can only have one (1) user at a time for PointMan. Your account and data is tied to the DEVICE.
- Enter an Email address.
- Tap Add.
- Review the license dialog
- Tap Close to return to the log in screen and continue to log into PointMan.
See: New Project Screen for the next step