This topic outlines the procedure to download the PointMan application onto a mobile device.
ProStar recommends Android 7.1.1 as older versions are no longer supported by Google and
may present security vulnerabilities. ProStar recommends iOS 12.3 or later for the Apple Store
Internet connectivity (on the mobile Android device).
ProStar' recommends a connection of at least 400kbps for optimum performance.
1. On your tablet or phone, open the Play Store app
2. Search for PointMan
3. Tap on the red icon labelled PointMan and install (note: you will need to sign or create a free Google account to use the Play Store)
4. Once finished, tap Open.
1. On your tablet or phone, open the App Store app
2. Search for Prostar PointMan
3. Select Prostar PointMan and install
IMPORTANT: Make sure to allow all permissions when prompted. If you tap No, you will need to uninstall and reinstall, then allow all permissions
The Add User Type message displays.
- Tap Create new local user for stand alone use.
- Tap OK.
- Enter a User Name
Note: a tablet can only have one (1) user at a time for PointMan. Your account and data is tied to the DEVICE.
- Enter an Email address.
- Tap Add.
- Review the license dialog
- Tap Close to return to the log in screen and continue to log into PointMan.