Google Street View
From ProStar Geocorp
Revision as of 10:20, 19 September 2018 by WJessop
Use this tool see a street-level view of a location on the map, or to find directions to a specific location.
- Open Transparent Earth in a Chrome browser, and log into TransparentEarth.
- Click the Google Maps for Work icon.
This activates the Google Maps for Work tool which displays the icons for:
- Google Street View
- Google Directions
- Google Maps Geocode
- Google Maps Reverse Geocode
- Click the Google Street View icon.
The icon becomes active and the Street View and Directions map opens on top of the main map display.
- Find the desired location on the map, and zoom into it.
- Drag the Google Street View icon from the bottom right corner to the area you wish to see a street view picture.
A new window will open and show the street view image.
- In this view you can navigate around by either clicking the arrows in the center bottom of the map, or by clicking on the street to move the camera.
- To return to the previous window, click the black arrow in the top left.
- To use the Directions function in the Street View screen, select the 2 blue arrows .
This will open the Directions tab with A and B (to and from) fields.
- Enter a starting point in the A field and a destination in the B field.
- Then click Get Directions.
The directions panel displays step-by-step directions under the search fields.
A blue line is also placed on the map connecting the A and B points.
- To close the directions panel, click the blue arrows.
- To close the street view map click the in the top right corner.