Google Maps Reverse Geocode
From ProStar Geocorp
Revision as of 15:38, 12 September 2018 by WJessop
Use this tool identify an address of a location on the map.
- Open Transparent Earth in a Chrome browser, and log into TransparentEarth.
- Click the Google Maps for Work icon.
This activates the Google Maps for Work tool which displays the icons in the top left corner of the main map display.
- Click the Google Maps Reverse Geocode icon .
The icon becomes active and a light blue place mark will be added on the end of the cursor.
- Click a location on the map.
A light blue place mark will be placed on the nearest address to the point clicked.
A bar will appear on the top of the map display showing the full address of the point clicked.
- Hover over the point to see a small Street View picture and the address of the place mark.
- Click on the place mark to see an info box with more advanced details of it and an expanded Street View picture.
- Click Close to close the Info box.
- Click on the Google Maps Reverse Geocode icon.
The icon will become ‘in-active’ and the light blue place mark will be removed from the end of the cursor.