Use the Folder (also known as Drop Tools) function to associate points, lines or polygons to eachother. For example, you can associate as many forms or photos to a point, line or polygon as you would like. For exporting, all associated folder items can be sent together with the feature they were assigned to. This method is considered a "Parent/Child" relationship.
There are two methods to perform the assignments:
- Select an object and make the assignment automatically as new objects are created.
- Make the assignment of existing objects to a 'Parent' object.
- From the main map display, select the object that you wish to make the 'Parent'. (Tap a point, line, polygon or other object on the map). The feature is highlighted, the Selection dialog displays with that item highlighted, and a menu bar displays at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Folder.
The Folder dialogue box displays at the bottom of the screen, showing the selected object as the parent, and a tool bar.
- Tapping New: creates a new object and automatically saves it as a child to the parent object.
- Tapping Send: allows you to send the object information to an email recipient.
- Tapping Details: opens the Details dialog and displays all information about that object.
- To assign another object from the map as a 'Child' to that 'Parent' object:
- Tap the other object you wish to assign to the parent, and a label displays.
- Tap that label and drag it into the Folder dialog box.
- That item will display in the Folder dialog box as a child to the parent object
- Repeat for all objects that you wish to assign to the parent.
- To automatically assign new objects as they are created:
- With the parent Folder dialog box open:
- Select New (lower menu bar). The New Place Mark dialog box displays.
- Select System and Component values as appropriate.
- Select OK to create the object.
This will result in the object assignment at the end of the creation process.
- Once an object is in the Folder, you have the following options
- Tap New to automatically assign new objects as they are created. See steps 4a-4c above.
- Tap Send to attach the selected object to an e-mail. See instructions on Sending Objects via e-mail.
- Tap Undrop to remove an item from the folder.
- Tap Details to view and edit the details of an object.
- Tap the file link to open the object for further editing.
- Tap Edit to open the object details dialog and edit the Type, add a comment, and other details, depending upon the object type.
- Tap Close to close the detail dialog box.
- Tap Send to attach the object file to an e-mail.
- To exit the Folder, select the “X” in the Drop Tools header.
- Tap the "X" in the Selection header.
You will return to the map view.