Field Data Collection
From ProStar Geocorp
Revision as of 14:48, 11 September 2018 by WJessop
This page will cover how to search the field data collection layers.
Searching Field Data Collection
- From within TransparentEarth, in the left side dashboard, click Field Data Collection, then PointMan.
- The Search Transparent Earth search area displays below, with multiple (3-4) available criteria fields (Field Data collection, Points/Lines/Polygons, Search All/specific fields, and 2 buttons: (Search and Clear).
- The first drop-down list contains only one (1) option: Field Data Collection. Select Field Data Collection.
- The second drop-down list contains a list of features that are available for search. Select the feature (points, lines or polygons) you would like to search.
- To perform a broad search on one complete layer, simply select the layer in the second drop-down list, then go directly to the Search button, and click Search.
The results grid will display all records that are related to the feature you are searching. You can then filter and organize the list to drill down to the specific item for which you are looking.
- Or, complete a more narrow search by completing the remaining Search criteria.
The third drop-down list displays only one option: Select Data Fields. Select this option.
- The fourth field allows for manual entry of a value.
- After making selections (broad or narrow), click Search.
A list of records that meet the criteria should display in the search results grid.
- From the list of returned records (search results), you can to do all of the following:
- Double-click a line item and it will display on the map, highlighted.
- Click a record in the results grid, then click the MapIt button. The item will display on the map, highlighted.
- Use the general Drill Down Filter function to filter down to a meaningful record set or specific result: Type in part of a value and the list of records will automatically filter towards any record that has all or part of your entry in it.
- Click the Export Visible Fields button to export the visible records with the visible set of columns into a CSV file.
- Click the Export All Fields button to export the visible records with all possible columns into a CSV file.
- Modify Records Per Page by selecting different values from the records per page drop-down list. You will see the following options: 10, 25, 50, 100, All. Selecting one of these items should display that many records.
- Click the column title of any column to sort the contents of that column, first by A-Z, then by Z-A (Ascending-to-Descending, then Descending-to-Ascending).