Emlid Reach RS+/RS2 GPS Integration
This section outlines how to connect to an Emlid Reach RS+ and RS2 RTK receivers and use it in PointMan. NOTE: Emlid Reach currently only works with Android. iOS will be supported at a later date once Emlid gets approved with Apple.
Connecting to the ReachView app
1. Download the ReachView app from the Google Play Store
2. Press and hold the pwoer button on the Emlid Reach RS+ GNSS receiver until it turns on
3. On your tablet device, open the WiFi menu and connect to the "reach" network
4. Open the ReachView app and select the Reach receiver (refresh if needed)
5. The ReachView app screen will go black and appear to not be working. Wait for it to load
6. Once in the ReachView app, use the menu button to select Bluetooth.
7. Pair to your tablet device
8. If NTRIP/RTK corrections are required, tap the menu button and then tap the Input Corrections button. Enter the login information for the NTRIP network.
9. If NTRIP/RTK is required, tap the menu button and then tap the WiFi button. Connect to your hotspot (usually a phone in your pocket or truck) Emlid will default to this connection in the future.
10. On the RTK menu page, scroll to the bottom and change 5Hz to 1Hz on the frequency
Emlid Reach RS+ Quick Start Guide: https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs/quickstart/first-setup/
Emlid Reach RS2 Quick Start Guide: https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs2/quickstart/
Emlid ReachView App Guide: https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs2/common/reachview/
Emlid Base Placement: https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs2/placement/
Emlid Survey Tutorials: https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs2/tutorials/
Usng Reach RS+ and RS2 Receivers in PointMan
1. Open the PointMan app. Use the same hotspot if needed.
2. Tap the menu button and then tap Settings.
3. Tap the GPS dropdown and select reach.
4. Specify antenna height, and then tap Close.
5. On the top right corner, tap New and select the system/component you wish to locate.
6. If necessary, tap GPS to turn on the GPS stream. Notice the Fix Type and H. Accur, V. Accur.
7. Fix Type should be "RTK" and NOT "RTK Float" as float is not a fixed solution.
NOTE: It may take a few minutes to get an RTK fix
8. Once the feature has been saved in PointMan, tapping on the feature and then tapping Details should show the "reach" as the GPS receiver