Custom Utility Coding
This page covers how to configure and use the Custom Utility Cododing system in TransparentEarth. Using this feature you are able to assign a feature a Component Code for feature lookup. When you capture a feature you will also be able to assign each point in the feature a unique Control Code.
This article will cover how to add/edit/delete custom Component Codes and Control Codes for features, how to use Control Codes when creating new features, and how to view the Control Codes with the new pedigree dialogue.
Creating a Custom Feature Code
- Log into TransparentEarth
- In the left side dashboard click on Administration to open the administration tools
- Click on Data Dictionary and the Data Dictionary will open
- Click on the feature you want to assign a code to and it will be highlighted blue
- Click the edit button and the Edit Component dialogue will open
- Highlight the Code field by clicking on it and enter the desired code
- Click the OK button to save your changes