Creating and Editing eForms
This section covers the procedure for creating an eForm with a point reference onthe map. It also describes the process for editing the eForm after saving it, editing the details of the form, and moving the form-point to a different location on the map.
- From the main map display, tap the New button in the upper right corner.
The New Place Mark dialog displays.
- Select System: Form
- Select Component: Document
- Tap OK.
The Open Form list displays.
- Select the applicable eForm, and then click OK.
The eForm displays.
- Enter all applicable information.
- Enter text in applicable text fields. You can use the voice-to-text tools.
- Select check boxes and radio buttons.
- Add a sketch to the Sketch page by tapping the Sketch icon. Click here for information about Sketches
- Add a photo to the Photo page by tapping the Photo icon. Click here for information about Photos
- When complete, tap Close (upper right corner), then Save (lower right corner). The form closes, the point for the new form is highlighted on the map, and a tool bar displays at the bottom of the screen:
- To complete the process and return to the main map view, tap Close.
- To access Folder, tap Folder. See Folders for instructions.
The Folder dialog displays with the eForm as a point in the list.
- To move the point to which the eForm is related, tap Move.
- Tap Move.
- Tap GPS to move it to your current location.
- Or, tap on the map to move it to a specific point on the map.
- Tap Save.
- To access the eForm file details, tap Details.
The eForm details dialog displays the following file information: Type, Form, Comment, User, Created, Device, Lat/Log coordinates.
- Tap Edit to edit the Type and add a Comment.
- Then tap OK to save, or Close to exit without saving.
- To edit the PDF, tap Details, then tap Edit.
- In the dialog box, tap the pdf link.
The eForm PDF opens.
- Make all applicable edits.
- Tap Close, then Save.
- Tap Close to complete the process and return to the main map view.