From ProStar Geocorp
Revision as of 09:04, 18 September 2018 by WJessop
This topic outlines the process for creating features on the map. Features include:
Creating a Feature
- Log into Transparent Earth.
a. Enter the Transparent Earth URL into a Chromebrowser window, and click Enter.
b. Enter your User ID and Passwordand click Sign In.
The main Transparent Earth Window and Map display, granting you access to the OperationMaintenance tools:
- Click the Operation Maintenance button (upper right corner of the window).
The Operation Maintenance tools appear (upper left corner of the map).
- Select the applicable feature icon:
Your cursor turns into a small blue circle and allows you to select a point on the map.
- Click on the map, and the Record/Edit Feature Information dialog box displays.
To create a Valve, click on the map.
a. To create a Point, click on the map.
b. To create a Line, click on the map at thestart point, and then double-click on the map at the end point.You can also create a complex line by clicking many times on the map, creatinga line in the appropriate shape.
c. To create a Rectangle, click on the mapand drag a square around the location on the map.
d. To create a Circle, click on the map anddrag a circle around the location on the map.
e. To create a Corridor, click on the mapand draw a line around the corridor area. Double-click at your last point todisplay the Record/Edit Feature Information dialog box.
- Complete the Record/Edit Feature Information dialog: The dialog box is the same for all points, lines, polygons and comments.
|Feature Type||Automatically populates with the feature type.|
|Title||Manually enter the title for the feature you are creating.|
|Description||Manually enter a description of the feature you are creating.|
|Create Date||Automatically populates with the current date.|
|Created By||Automatically populates with the current UserID.|
|Notify GIS Technician?||Select the Yes or No radio button.|
|If you select Yes, the GIS Technician will receive an email notification, and a task will display in their My Notifications list. See Form Status Rules and My Notifications for details on assignments and notifications.|
- Click the Save button.
- Click Yes at the first confirmation prompt.
- Click OK at the second confirmation prompt.
- To attach document or file to the feature, click the Attach button (bottom of the Record/Edit dialog box).
- Click Browse
- Browse to the location of the file and double-click the file.
- Click OK.
The system will save the file to the Feature that you have just created.
- Click the View/Edit Operation Maintenance Forms button to review or edit the information for any of the features you created.
The Record/Edit Feature Information dialog box displays.
- Make edits to the feature information page, then click Save, Yes, and OK.
- Click the Reset Tools button to turn off any of the tool icons that have been selected, and to turn the mouse pointer back into the standard white arrow.